pharmaognosy is mainly concerned with naturally occurring substances having a medicinal activity, and includes the study of scientific knowledge on the history, origin, morphological and chemical evaluation, investigation and cultivation of the related crude drugs, and scientific research of oriental medicine. in addition, the isolations and structure determination of the biological active constituents from natural products which lead to the search for new drugs.
1) the isolation and structure determination of the biologically active constituents
2) isolation of monoamine oxidase inhibitors from natural products
3) activity-guided isolation of plant-derived anticancer and antioxidant compounds
4) development of nf-kb inhibitors from natural products
5) chemotaxonomy and standardization of natural medicines
bang yeon hwang, Ph.D. (email@example.com) Mi Kyeong Lee, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)